Exploring
We finally got tired of sitting around the house so we decided to go explore a bit. First stop...Blank Park Zoo! I just love going to the zoo :) We both went with low expectations, but were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was! It wasn't huge by any means, but they had a good variety of animals and lot's of things for little kids to do. I'm sure Addy and I will be spending our days here next summer. This time around Addy enjoyed being outside more than the zoo itself. She didn't really get the whole animal part of it. We enjoyed ourselves anyway though.
A fun little suspension bridge
Addy and Daddy after we ate some lunch
Addy and Mommy by one of my all time favorite animals :) I was so excited this zoo has them!
The next stop on our list of places to go was Raccoon River Park. Yet another place I'm sure Addy and I will be spending our days at next summer. They have a really fun playset for the kiddos that is right on a lake. We went with all of the other first year students that live in our complex to try and get to know one another. All of the kids had a great time splashing around in the lake and playing in the sand while we all chit chatted.
Our little drooly face playing in the sand
We got this fun tube for 5 bucks at a place called Gordmans (my new favorite store). Adalee thought it was great. She kicked her little legs and away she went.
It is so nice to know we will have a such a great support group who are going through the exact same thing. We have already met so many amazing people. I am still missing home though. It will definately take some time to adjust, but like I said, the transition is going better than I expected. Love and miss you all!
3 comments:
How funny...Ruark is sticking out his tongue just like that!! It's soo cute!
looks like you guys are settling in!
You are a trooper! I know how hard it is to be away from home, and you are a lot further than me. I have learned making friends has made all the difference for me!
I looks like you found some fun places! Keep up the exploring!
Tia
Post a Comment