Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Big Move

The day I had been somewhat dreading for quite some time finally came. We had spent the previous 3 days doing packing, packing, and more packing. I thought I was going to go crazy if we had to pack one more thing. Poor little Adalee had been ignored for a day or two and she was not too happy about that. The only time she was happy was when we stuck her in one of the card board boxes. I love how easily entertained they are at this age :)Wednesday night we had lot's of strong men to help us load our things into the truck. I was stressed to the max because A) I was moving far away to somewhere I had never even seen before. B) I was exhausted from packing and cleaning. C) I was an emotional mess having to say all of my good byes. And D) We about didn't fit in our moving truck. Ryan said over and over, "Oh we will fit no problem!" Well, turns out we have more crap then he thinks we do! However, the master packers, a.k.a. my dad and Ryan, succesfully fit everything in. Unforunatley I had already had it in my head that we weren't going to fit and had started my bawling fit which didn't end until I said my last good bye.

After a horrible nights rest we headed out to start our new adventure of medical school in Des Moines, Iowa. Addy got to sit right between us the whole way. She thought she was pretty special :) She kept looking back and forth between Ryan and I the whole way. I was glad she got to sit between us because then we could both try to keep her entertained. To my surprise she was an absolute angel the whole trip. I don't know why I was suprised since she is such a good baby, but I figured she would get sick of being in her car seat after a few hours. She did great though!

We spent the night in a hotel and around 2 p.m. Friday afternoon, arrived to our new home. I had never seen it in person so I was excited to finally get a peek. Every place we have lived in gets a little bit nicer every time and this was no exception. I love it! It has two levels so it feels a little bit more like a house. We also now have 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Addy doesn't have to share her room with the computer anymore, yay!! This is what our living room and kitchen looked like for a couple of days...YIKES!

Now we are just trying to get settled. Everything is unpacked and now for the fun stuff...decorating! The few short days we have been here we have been very impressed by all of our neighbors/ward members. When we arrived about 8 men were there to help us unload and the very next night my neighbor Jamie brought us dinner. We were warmly welcomed when we attended our new ward and we have already gotten together with some of the neighbors a couple of times now. I am so thankful for everyone being so kind to us. It has made the transition so much easier for me. That's us! #2602!

Even though I hate change and it is always so hard, I think I am going to like it here. All of the stores I love are 5 minutes away, there is hardly any traffic, rolling corn fields are everywhere...it just reminds me of my home in Idaho. Thank you so much to everyone who helped us move and clean and a special thanks to Ryan's sister Laurie. She actually lived here up until a couple of months ago. She told us everything we needed to know and even found us a place to live (we live in the exact town house she lived in). So thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone!! We love and miss you all.

p.s. I hadn't blogged in a while so be sure not to miss the few entries I did below :)

3 comments:

Unknown,  July 2, 2009 at 6:37 PM  

I am so happy that you have a nice place and good neighbors. Miss you guys!!!

Lori,  July 5, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Glad you all made it safe. Sounds like you are adjusting well. We hope you enjoy your new place and continue to make lots of friends and memories.

shelbell,  July 7, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

So glad the trip out there went well! That's so crazy its the exact place Laurie just moved out of. Sounds like a great place for a little while:)

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP