Thursday, April 9, 2009

Photography




A couple of years ago I was really into photography, in fact, it was what I was majoring in when I was going to college. Somehow, in the whirl wind of events called "life," I shoved aside my love for this and now I am determined to bring it back! My sister Shelley has truly inspired me with the way she captures the sweet innocence of children and has made me realize that this is something I really want to do. She has always encouraged me and has helped me as much as she can over phone conversations. She told me about a little class online called, "12 Weeks to Better Photos," and suggested I give it a try. So here I am :) She also suggested I blog the pictures I have taken every week and include you all so you can help me to stay motivated!
This weeks lesson was on Aperture Basic Training. The aperature (a.k.a. f/stop) determines how much of your picture is in focus. We were told to set our camera in Aperature Priority Mode. This mode lets you control the aperature, but the camera controls the shutter speed for you.

The weekly challenge was to pick a subject outside and photograph it in 3 different settings of aperature. The first was supposed to make the background completely out of focus, the second a little more in focus, and the third even more in focus. I decided to photograph a simple flower and here's how it turned out. I really like the first photo, but for some reason all the other ones were darker. I'm not sure why this happened, but since I couldn't control the shutter speed I'm blaming it on the camera. lol.

I'm in week number two now so keep me in line and make sure I keep going!

5 comments:

Megan April 9, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

That is awesome that you are taking a photography course. I have never really got into photography, not my thing i guess. You do well. I think your little family photo shoot you did was excellent. I like the pictures of the flowers too. Very nice. If you were not moving so far away I would have you take some photos of Tyler! But I am excited for you! I look forward seeing more photos!

Unknown April 9, 2009 at 6:29 PM  

you have to update weekly on your class so I can keep track of what you do so I can learn as well

whit April 10, 2009 at 6:38 AM  

That is awesome!!!! I have always wanted to learn how to use a high tech camera! way to go :) i'm excited to see your weely work

Matt and Amber April 10, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

I totally love it! After seeing your pictures of Adalee i told Matt that wanted a nice camera and I wanted to take some classes. I've always loved to take pictures but I'm completely uneducated! Where did you get your camera? They're pretty expensive aren't they?

Danna April 10, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

My sister actually gave me her old camera because she just got a new one. So I got a really good deal on it. They are expensive so I was very excited :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP