Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Drama . . .

As I mentioned before, fall is my absolute favorite time of year and carving pumpkins is a tradition I always look forward to with great anticipation. This year I was a bit disappointed in myself because I ruined it.


The story goes as follows: It was a dark, dreary, and lonely night at the Pettit house. Danna was sitting at home all alone, all by herself, with nobody else around. She had a horrible day at work and came home to a million things she had to do. Her husband was away at a medical school interview in Florida and wan'st even there to cheer her up. So she sunk deeper and deeper into her horrible, grumpy mood . . . .

Ryan called around 8:00 p.m. to tell her he would be home soon and to gather up the pumpkins so they could carve them. Danna was so excited to carve them, but just couldn't shake her grumpy mood. Unfortunately Ryan came home to a very unhappy, tired, worn out wife and didn't get the welcome home he was hoping for.

A little while later they had come up with their patterns for their pumpkins and it was time to execute them. Danna always likes a challenge when it comes to pumpkin carving so she picked a much more difficult one than she could handle that night. With every stab of the knife into the pumpkin she became more frustrated and tired until finally she SNAPPED! She picked up her unfinnished pumpkin, shoved it outside, and stomped off to bed. The pumpkin was not turning out how she had hoped it would and was much harder then she had anticipated! Needless to say, they did the big no no and went to bed mad. Her much awaited pumpkin carving tradition had been ruined this year, but she hopes to make up for it next year with her wonderful husband and baby girl. She also wanted to say how sorry she was for being awnry with her husband and to tell him how much she loves and appreciates him! Until next year . . .

p.s. incase you were wondering what my pumpkin was supposed to say it was TRICK OR TREAT. I literally only had the E and A left and I just couldn't do it!

4 comments:

Mrs. Pettit October 26, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

oh darn it....why didn't you call and grumble to me?? On the other hand, you have every right to have a bad day once in a while...after all, you are expecting! (And nobody can tell me that's not a good excuse!)
Deb (future Grandma)

Ginny Dredge October 26, 2008 at 7:53 AM  

Hey Danna,
I'm sorry you had a bad night, but the pumkpin looks great so far. You just need to finish the e and a, when you're in a better mood. Did you have caramel apples?
Love ya, Mom

whit October 26, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

oh danna! I'm glad to see you're not always perfect cause you sure are awesome 100% of the time. Just have a make up pumkin carving night!! Your the best! - everyone has one of those days :) hang in there!

J. Anderson Family October 28, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

I think your pumpkin looks pretty darn good! You saw ours.... I would never attempt something that hard! Ryan did a pretty good job too! Sorry you had such a bad day. There are days you just can't be expected to shake the mood! As women we deserve the right! :o)

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP