Monday, July 21, 2008

The Bulge . . .

I need to be better about blogging because I haven't been doing it as much lately. However, I have discovered that the reason I haven't been, is because I think I have to have pictures in order to blog. I haven't taken too many pictures lately, hence the no blogging. So, I need to realize that I can blog without pictures and I am going to give it a try!

Anyway, the real reason for this blog entry is to tell about an amazing experience that happened to us yesterday. I woke up and while I was laying there I noticed that something in my stomach kind of felt . . . weird. I glanced down and the whole left side of my stomach was all bulged up and hard as a rock and I realized it was our baby! I got so excited and screamed for Ryan to come in. He probably got nervous something was wrong, but everything was great! I just wanted him to feel it. It was the most amazing and incredible experience to be able to feel our little one for the first time. I must have layed there and stared at it for 20 minutes. I didn't want to move because I knew the minute I did it would probably disappear. I tried poking at it a couple times to see if I could see it kick or move, but it never did. The baby was just chillin'. It made me being pregnant seem a little more real and got me very excited to be a mom!

9 comments:

jkroper July 21, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

thats so cool danna!! im so excited for that to happen to me! i can't wait! i think it's fun that we're pregnant together!! im just a few weeks behind ya!! love you guys!

Doug and Jill July 21, 2008 at 6:26 PM  

Danna Banana! Hey girly. I too have been waiting for you to blog:) Although I did take a really long time. Doug and I are so happy for the two of you. That is so cute that the baby was just chillin out. How fun:) I miss you so much. You are going to be such a cute mom:)

Anonymous,  July 21, 2008 at 6:51 PM  

Wow Danna...that's so incredible! Only little ol' you could see their baby this early. When are we gonna go shopping girl???
Love you so much.
(An excited Grandma)

Josh July 22, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

fun story...it is fun to watch the progression on the dad side, Ryan is going to love it. keep the stories coming they are fun to read.

Anonymous,  July 23, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

that story was really neat - it was realy touching. I am so happy for you! just out of curiousity... did you plan getting pregnant?!! Congrats again! I can't believe all of the people pregnant or getting married!

Unknown July 24, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

Congrats that is very cool and here we were just talking about how long it would be until you could feel the baby:)

shelbell July 24, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

Pictures...who needs em? Congrats on the first movements, and that's so cool that Ryan could be there too. Ah, I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see what it is, are you going to find out before? I bet you are going to have the cutest LITTLE bump ever.

abqfurniture July 26, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

YAY DANA & RYAN!!!! We are all so thrilled at the ideas of more Pettit babies. Mason needs cousins in Utah! :) We wish you all the best!

xxoo-THe Bartlett 5

Matt and Amber August 11, 2008 at 9:22 PM  

Isn't it so much fun!? Our little buddy likes my left too. Yay for little buddies!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP