Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bowing to the Porcelain Goddess . . .



I think our title does a pretty good job of telling you what our week has been like. Ryan caught some kind of flu bug and Monday around 2:30 a.m. he threw up and has been sick ever since, however he started feeling much better yesterday and is good as gold today.
I was hoping I wouldn't get sick, but unfortunately I couldn't sneak past this nasty little bug. Wednesday morning around 2:30 a.m. I started my adventure. By 9:30 a.m. I had thrown up 9 times and had every bodily fluid sucked out of my body like a vacuum. I lost 6 or 7 pounds and was so dehydrated that I even had to get an i.v. in my arm where I recieved one liter of water pumped straight into my veins. Turns out my body was pretty thirsty. I am feeling much better today.
Note our new addition next to the toilet . . . the plunger, bought out of necessity after multiple flushes with too much toilet paper.



5 comments:

Ader Family March 27, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

I am SO SORRY! I HATE being sick...

although - i have to say that's a good choice for shower curtain/rug. (I had the same one at mom's.) Glad you are feeling better!

~Steph

Shelley March 27, 2008 at 4:45 PM  

So glad you're doing better today. So, who's using all the toilet paper? : )

Anonymous,  March 28, 2008 at 6:22 AM  

man that didn't sound fun at all! Don't spead that bug out my way! ;) Hope you are feeling better!

shelbell April 5, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

Yikes!! Thats scary! Glad your doing better though...those flu bugs leave no survivors it seems...we had ours in November. Yucky.

Nice plunger:)

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP