Turkey Day!!!
Danna and I both had a long weekend due to the Thanksgiving holiday. We spent the day at the Pettit house preparing the feast ( my way of helping prepare is to "taste test"), and then finally eating as much as we could!! Since Danna and are the "newlyweds" we were given the wishbone... needless to say Danna was the victor. If you want to know what wish will be coming true someday, you can ask her what her wish was.
The most "exciting" part of the Thanksgiving holiday is what we call Black Friday. I don't actually know the origin of the term, but for me it took on a new meaning. We went to bed (more like a nap) and woke up at 2 AM so we could go "doorbust" at Mervyns. While waiting in line, it sure was "black" out... My mom really wanted a Kitchenaid Mixer that was on sale (actually 2 since it was such a great deal)... of course we knew all to well that it was going to be hard to actually get our hands on one. We waited in line until 4 AM when the doors opened. We each received our $10 gift card for being among the first 250 shoppers. I began running to the escalator, as I had a good idea where the kitchenaids would be set up. My dad followed, hollering ahead to me how I shouldn't run (though he was running right behind!) As I got up the stares, I noticed a women running my way screaming with a kitchenaid box in her hands... BINGO! I sprinted toward where she came from as more people started away with the kitchenaids. As I got there, I saw two left, which my dad and I grabbed. On my way down toward the register, many eager shoppers saw the loot in my arms and kept asking where they could find it. I felt kind of like I had won the lottery or something when I told them they were gone... It is one of those, you have to be there to understand, kind of things. After that, it was more shopping and more stores. In fact, Danna and I shopped from 2 AM until around 5 PM... I don't know if I can EVER do that much shopping again!!! Even Danna was tired of shopping, and that's not easy! It was a fun day though, because we were able to shop with Mom and Dad Dredge. Danna was so thankful to get new clothes! Whew... Glad that day is over!!!


1 comments:
So what was your wish?!!! I loved reading all of your blogs! Take care -Whit
Post a Comment