{Turkey Break . . . Pettit Family Style}
The last time Grandma and Grandpa came to visit it was really cold and we didn't get out to explore much so we made sure to show them a little St. Louis this time around! Day 1 we took them to the amazing Magic House! They were very impressed and both said it was the best children's museum they had ever been too. We kinda love it here!
We spent well over an hour in just one of the rooms creating, drawing, building, and designing all sorts of fun stuff.
Then Addy and Gramps decided to test out their hair on the static ball. Grandpa's hair was pretty dang funny!
Day 2 was Turkey Day! It was so nice having an extra set of hands in the kitchen helping me and another set of hands to entertain the kiddos all morning! Grandpa loves showing these kiddos all the fun new games on his tablet.
Grandma also made a game with them that looked so darling I just had to take a picture of it. She's so creative! It was the same idea as "Don't Eat Pete" if you've ever played that before, but they made the board up of drawings of things they were thankful for. Nothing makes my mama heart more happy than cute drawings by my littles. I love the stage Addy is at right now with her drawings. ADORABLE.
After slaving away in the kitchen all morning it was time for the feast! But not before Eli decided to throw up all over the kitchen floor of course. Poor little buddy had been saying his tummy hurt all morning and wouldn't eat anything, which is very unusual for him. He wouldn't eat anything until we brought out the jello jigglers that is . . . yuck. Needless to say our feast started out a bit strangely, and than got more strange from there.
I love how on Thanksgiving I feel we should dress up a little bit more yet I have one child in their pajamas and another just rockin' the socks. It's just another peek into what our day was really like, perfectly imperfect!
All we needed was the gun shot to fire and this boy would have been off! He's just practicing for his future career in track :-)
It was the first Thanksgiving for the Mr. Easton and let me tell you, I wanted to eat his rolls for dinner. Do they come any cuter?! I think not! He had a taste tester of sweet potatoes and for the remainder of the dinner made it known to us that he approved. More!
After dinner it was time for the annual black Friday ad browsing. Next to eating this was the highlight of Easton's day. Sit in it, crawl in it, eat it, rip it, stick your tushy in the air like you just don't care, repeat.
That night Debbie and I went out and did what we do best, SHOP! Walmart was a complete mad house, but we had some good luck at the other stores we went to. It's not Thanksgiving with out a late night of shopping! I have so missed having shopping dates with her so it was good to get out!
Day 3 was decorate the house for Christmas day and more shopping!
It isn't a real visit from Gma and Gpa with out a shopping trip to Costco and some major spoiling!
Since stores are getting super lame and decided to open their doors at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving day we had to push our going to a movie tradition back a day. Grandma and Grandpa took these pajama wearing cuties to a late night movie to see Big Hero 6 while Mommy and Daddy went and watched The Mocking Jay.
Day 4 was Merry early Christmas complete with gifts, waffles and hot cocoa made by grandma, and a lounging in your pj's playing with new toys kind of morning!
It was a planes fire and rescue toy and movie for Eli and Fancy Nancy books and drum roll please . . . . her very own Frozen karaoke player for Miss Addy! Watching her eyes light up when she opened it really was like Christmas. Her and Grandma must have been on the same page because she got it for her with out knowing that she had been eyeing one of those! Somehow those Grandmas just know ;-) This mama might be having a little too much fun using that karaoke too. Evidence of that was brought to life when she was busted belting her lungs out right in front of the door when a random sales person stopped by. Yeah, I just decided to own it. ;-)
Somebody was loving his very first present to open! Who needs the actual toy when it has a bow to play with instead?! Evidence that he loves his new balls is very apparent in the picture below. Hands on, tongue out licking it, and all with a big smile on his face! He is getting too big ;-( He actually crawled for the very first time and it was so fun to have Grandma and Grandpa here to see it!
This Grandpa of ours, we kind of like him. Such a sweet moment I was able to capture of these two.
I took a zillion pictures of Easton with Grandma and Grandpa. A babies connection with their grandparents is one of my favorite things to capture. This boy really is heaven sent and I'm so glad Grandma and Grandpa were able to love on him and get to know his sweet self. He owns everyone around here.
Three generations! Lookin' good boys!
Ryan's my go to person when I need someone to stand in front of the camera while I take some practice shots to make sure the lighting/color is good. I wonder why that is . . .
The latter part of day 4 was cram Grandma in the back of the van between these two weirdos day. If you ever want to learn anything and everything about your children just sit between them in the car for a while. You'll hear them tell you all kinds of things you've never heard before! There were some seriously funny conversations going on back there!
The weather decided to warm up and be beautiful so we went to the zoo . . . in December! That was a definite first for myself.
Day 5 was the don't leave us Grandma and Grandpa day! We will now be spending the next week wondering how we ever survive with out them. I actually have to cook and clean and play with my kids and feed the baby all by myself? Say whaaat?! It's not nearly as fun I can tell you that much. We were so sad to see them go, but so very thankful for the time we were able to spend with them. We love you so much. Please come back soon!






































0 comments:
Post a Comment