{Birthday Bash Monster Style}
Something very monsterous went down at our house! This boy turned four and had his very first friends birthday party! Him and I did a little research and decided on a monster theme for his party. I can sum this party up in three simple words. Mama. Went. Overboard. Eeeeek! Imagine that. Me going overboard? There were WAAAY too many cute ideas floating around in pinterest land and yeah, I might have gone a little monster crazy.
Even though it was a ton of work, I actually really enjoyed doing it. I don't get to be creative as much these days and it felt good to put myself out there and try my hand at designing, making, and baking new things! And guess what? It all turned out SOOOO dang cute. And I had one very excited four year old! Will I ever do a party this crazy again? Probably not. But you know how the saying goes . . . never say never ;-)
I had so much fun making his birthday cake. And believe it or not, it was super easy! I couldn't help but get all giddy inside whenever I looked at it. As I mentioned before I made just about everything you see on the table. I was telling my sisters I wish I knew someone wanting to throw a monster party so I could share all the printables and games I made for it. So if you ever decide to be a little crazy and throw a monster party I'm your gal! I'd love to share my designs/ideas with you!
This "adopt a monster" station was one of my favorite parts of the whole party. Thanks to my friend Chrissy, we were able to hand make a monster for each child to take home with them. I couldn't have done it with out her! Ryan even hand sewed a couple of them shut for me. I figured hey, your a surgeon! You should be able to stitch these up no problemo! Yeah, let's just say his were better than mine.
I was sad I forgot to take a picture of the drinks with the orange drink I had in them. Seriously though, how cute are they?!
Eli and I had a fun date at Party City hand selecting orange, green, and blue gumballs for party favors. He thought it was so much fun to count them out and place them in a little basket.
Now onto the details of what we did at his party! Upon waiting our guests arrival we had a monster coloring sheet to keep us busy. Eli had some pretty fun people on his guest list including our friends the Coombs who drove three hours just to come to his party!
Next up, monster tattoos! I ordered a bazillion monster tattoos for super cheap from oriental trading so we let the kids pick out as many as they wanted and then we helped them apply them.
This next craft was supposed to be one of the high lights of the party, but alas it was an epic fail. If I could have erased thirty minutes of his party this would have been it. Things went from crazy to complete chaos when we started this project. I had ordered monster masks for them to make and I should have opened one up prior to the party. They were made out of foam and I thought the pieces would have adhesive backing on them that they could easily apply themselves, but they didn't. So there Ryan and I were with 8 crazy kiddos trying to tape, glue, ANYTHING to keep their faces on their masks. Nothing I had on hand worked well and their masks were all falling apart. Boo!
The kids loved taking their pictures at the monster mouth photo booth and were super excited when I let them keep their mouth's to take home.
We played Monster Bingo, Pin the Eye on the Monster, and had a Monster Face Walk! The kids got such a kick out of all the games and did really well staying on task.
After playing the games it was story time. This turned out to be the funnest part of the party thanks to Ryan and his tickling/entertaining reading skills. A couple years back we bought a book called Tickle Monster which comes complete with monster tickling gloves. It is one of our most loved books and fit the theme of our party perfectly. The kids were so attentive while he was reading it and the squeals, screams, and giggles that came out of those cuties were priceless.
Our last activity was the adopt a monster station. They each chose an animal to keep and filled out their very own birth certificate for it. They were super excited about this and came up with some fun names! Eli decided to name his monster Turbo and it was of course orange, just for him! Miss Addy named her furry friend Sparkle :-)
We finished up the party singing Happy Birthday to the birthday boy and opening presents. Present opening is always pure madness so I don't have many pictures, but let's just say Eli had some very generous friends and was very excited about all his fun new toys.




























0 comments:
Post a Comment