{Fall Happenings}
If I could live in a place where it was fall year round I would in a heart beat. There's just something about the crisp air, crunching leaves, and GORGEOUS colors that makes my heart happy. And fall in. St. Louis is beautiful.
We woke up one morning to this beautiful scene. Adalee yelled to me "Mommy! Everything is pink! We have to take a picture!" The sky was the prettiest pink and it literally was making everything have a hue of pink. It was gorgeous! Pictures do not do it justice.
I was working at my computer one afternoon when I looked out the window to see this guy. There was nothing itsy bitsy about this spider. Eeeeek! He came just in time to be a part of our Halloween decorations! I was thoroughly disgusted. Although I must admit, it was pretty incredible to watch. I even left it up for a few days because the kids begged me to. They have been watching too much Wild Kratts. "You have to leave nature alone Mom!" Three days was my limit for leaving nature alone . . .
This little lady had her very first field trip! They went to a cute pumpkin patch and she talked about it for days after. I was sad I wasn't able to come with her this time, but there will be more I'm sure. I'm just happy that she is loving school and excited about life!
I did get to go have "Muffins with Mom" with her one day though! And yes, you are correct. They were not muffins at all. DISAPPOINTED! I guess a Krispy Kreme doughnut was a decent replacement ;-)
This little dude and I signed ourselves up for a morning of decorating pumpkins at a local nursery. It was adorable watching him pick out his very own pumpkin. His eyes lit up when I told him he could pick any one he wanted.
After much contemplation he found the perfect pumpkin and was oh so happy about it. We spent the morning together decorating it and we finished off the event with a free sno cone . . . in 40 degree weather. But hey, sno cones are always good right?
There are so many free fall events in St. Louis we didn't even know what to do with ourselves! This particular one was put on by the local fire station and I couldn't believe it was all free! The kids got to pick out a pumpkin . . . again. My front porch is turning into a pumpkin patch from all the free pumpkins we are accumulating!
The "Bubble Guy" was there and I have never seen anything like it! It was a big ice cream like truck that put out thousands and thousands of bubbles. The kids were in bubble heaven!
There were free pony rides, face painting, hair dying (yikes!), kettle corn, hot dogs, balloon animals, games, and more! And yeah, like I said, FREE! Do we live in the coolest place ever or what?!
I'm not so sure pink is her color . . . what do you think?













0 comments:
Post a Comment