{Ringing in the New Year}
Eli thought it would be fun to ring in the New Year with a solo ride in the laundry basket down the stairs resulting iiiinnnn . . . you guessed it . . . our first trip to the urgent care for an injury. Ayi yi yi.
Turns out this mama is not calm in these types of situations! All I could see was a bunch of blood running down the side of his head and I freaked! Less than five minutes later I had Addy and him loaded up in the van, complete with the most hideous bandage wrap you could possibly imagine, and was on the road. Just imagine a gob of kleenex covering the wound complete with coban wrapping from the top of his head, down around his chin, back up to the top, and around his forehead. It was pretty sweet if I do say so myself ;) And hey, it did the job.
After two hours of waiting, with no snacks or any source of entertainment other than my phone might I add, it was determined he would need four staples. EEEEeeeeekkkK! I usually am not that disturbed by wounds, but since it was now 12:00 p.m. and I hadn't eaten any breakfast it was all making me feel a little whoozy.
(Picture taken by Addy. I thought it summed up how I was feeling quite nicely!)
I got a hold of myself though because this little buddy needed his mama to comfort him. He was such a trooper and so brave the whole time! He only cried a little and it was soon all forgotten and replaced with some yummy ice cream. Because ice cream fixes everything right?
Happy New Year everyone! Here is to hoping this event isn't a glimpse of what the year 2014 will be looking like for us!





0 comments:
Post a Comment