Friday, December 13, 2013

{It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas}


I'm glad I was smart and decorated for Christmas before we went on vacation. It was so nice to come to a cozy Christmasy home! Last year Addy begged Ryan to put Christmas lights on our house so he promised her this year he would do it. He did it while we were in North Carolina so he could surprise her. He made sure to have them all turned on for when we got home and she was sooo excited when she saw them. I haven't taken a picture of them yet, but I will!

  


Our elf Christopher made his come back and boy were Addy and Eli excited! He brought them snowmen donut holes and some Christmas cereal. It was a magical morning!




While we were away in North Carolina Ryan grew a beard. That's what he does for punishment when I leave him ;) The funniest part of his beard was Eli's comment on it. "Dad, I like your root beard!" This boy is full of funny sayings that make us laugh on a daily basis.


Here's a few things our Elf has been up to. It's fun to watch the kids get so excited every morning to find him. He took a spill off the banister and they were both devastated and worried that he felll. We went out shopping for a couple hours though and when we returned he had magically put himself back and all was well.





Adalee came home from preschool with her very own decorated gingerbread house. She was so proud of it and I must admit it was super cute. She loves preschool!



We had our first snow fall and quickly realized we had no snow pants or boots. We made a trip to a second hand store and scored some snow pants, but had not luck with boots. The next day I remembered that we had one pair of boots in the attic that would fit Eli, but we still didn't have any for Addy. They had been begging to go out and play in it and what kind of mother would I be if I didn't let them?!

 


So . . . what's the next best thing to snow boots? Why plastic bags over your shoes of course! 




 There's something magical about children and snow. I could watch them play in it all day.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP