{Taking a Sick Day}
Little Eli decided to take a sick day during an extremely busy week for us all. And by busy I mean preparing for a seven week vacation involving 90 plus hours of driving from one side of the U.S. to the other, some airplane flying, cruise boat sailing, cold weather, warm weather, hot weather, biking marathons, running marathons, birthdays, anniversaries, lot's of time spent with family, and on top of that coming home to pack, graduate, and move all in a weeks time. I'm exhausted from typing that all out.
So yes, I had PLENTY to do. I very easily could have laid him on the couch in front of the t.v. all day, but instead . . . I decided to take a sick day with him and I am oh so glad I did. It's not every day you get to stay in your pj's and snuggle up with your two year old All. Day. Long. It's also not everyday that you get to clean up vomit for the eighth time, but hey, the snuggles made worth it.
This is my favorite scene that I fall upon every afternoon and every night. It's his bedtime ritual for us to hand him each of his animals one by one while he tries his hardest to contain them all in his tiny little arms. He carefully checks to make sure he has them all and then we are allowed to leave. Even if it's pitch black he some how knows exactly which one is missing and will refuse to go to sleep until it's in his arms.
Sweet, sweet boy oh how I love you so . . . stay my baby just a little while longer.




1 comments:
I love this post! What a sweet little boy!
Post a Comment