Saturday, November 3, 2012

{Perfect}


It was a sad day for this mama when you turned two. The day before, you were smothered in endless amounts of kisses from your head down to your toes. You were snuggled and rocked and snuggled some more. Sadly, you were still sick, but it made for lot's of cuddle time, which I needed because I knew the next day you would get one year older on me. I have written and re written this post over and over in my head, but no words can perfectly describe you little Eli. Your the perfect blend of everything. Big baby blue eyes and piercing red lips, a cute button nose, your course, wavy, blonde hair, it's just like your Daddy's. And your smile, oh how love your dimply smile. You are a heart breaker.

You are a scrawny little thing, I just love to squeeze you to death. At your two year appointment you weighed in at a whopping 23 pounds putting you in the 3rd percentile and were 34 1/2 inches tall, 60th percentile. You scrawniness is deceiving because you are crazy strong. I dread changing your diapers, putting you in your car seat, or making you do anything you don't want to because you are a fighter. By the end of the day I am exhausted from trying to contain that spirit inside of you. Grandma Ginny and Grandpa Doug were surprised by your strength when you got angry and picked up a small wooden stool one handed and chucked it across the room. That leads me to my next point. You have have a red hot temper when you want to. But like I mentioned above, you are a perfect blend of everything. You can be red hot about something one second and the next you are giving us big "squeezes" and kisses and saying "soddy" (sorry). That one word melts my heart every time. How can I be mad after that!

For the most part you are a very pleasant, easy going little guy. You are perfectly happy entertaining yourself, but very good at making it known when you want a little attention too ;) We refer to you as a "goober" a lot because you have endless amounts of silliness to share with us. I have a feeling you will be my child who can always make me laugh. You're always pulling funny faces and talking in different voices. It's hard not to laugh when you're around.

You're very opinionated, particular, and independent. I can't open a fruit snack and give you a couple, you have to hold it. I can't pick out which shoes I want you to wear because you will throw a fit and want the other pair. The other day you got mad at me for trying to get you dressed and you angrily pointed at your pajama bottoms and said "Those! Those!" You know what you want and your are certainly charming enough to get it if you pay me in "squeezes" and kisses. There is nothing more sweet than having you wrap your little arms around my neck and saying "squeeze!" I hope you never get too big to give me a big hug :)

You love your family, especially your sister. You follow her around all day participating in whatever she wants you to do. Your friendship is quite sweet and I love watching you two together. You are more than willing to share everything with her so long as she asks you nicely, but if she doesn't than you can be quite the tease. You love to get a reaction out of her and show no sympathy. You just stand back and give a little smirk. You hate to be apart from her. Every week when we drop her off at preschool you give your saddest cry and say, "Addy! Addy! Addy!" It's the saddest thing ever.

Treats, snacks, horses, bubbles, trains, baby einstein, rocks, and crossing your fingers are a few of your favorites. And we can't forget about your blankie, puppers, and your binky. Every night you ask us to sing sunshine (you are my sunshine) and star (twinkle, twinkle, little star) before we put you in your crib. It's my favorite time of day because you snuggle up and let me rock you. You are still very cuddly and I love it!

We feel so blessed to have you in our family. You're such a little charmer. Even though I can't adequately describe you at this age I hope to look back on this post and be reminded of you, and the joy you have been, all 730 days of you. We love you  ee-i-ee-i-o!


See what I mean about crossing his fingers? He does this all the time!

2 comments:

Karen November 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM  

Ok he's too cute to handle. Cute post Danna.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP