{Boise Temple Open House}
I was so excited when I found out they would be rededicating the Boise Temple and that we would be able to go to the open house. I almost drove three hours to the Kansas City Temple open house a few months back because I wanted so badly to take Addy, but we didn't end up doing it and I was regretting it. So I'm glad I had another opportunity to take her to see the temple.
I knew I would be in for a bit of a treat once I told Addy she was going to get to go inside the temple. You see, I may have told her that Jesus lives in the temple so of course that back fired on me because the first things she said was, "I get to see Jesus!" I didn't want to put a damper on her excitement though and tried to explain and prepare her by saying that there are lot's of temples around the world and that Jesus might be at another one, but that she would be able to feel his love for her on the inside. Who am I to tell her that she won't see Jesus? For all I know she very well could have, but I did want to make sure to prepare her because this little lady tends does not respond well when she isn't prepared. Take wearing your shoes into the temple for instance. They had everyone where bootie covers over their shoes to help keep the carpets clean in the temple. I just figured it was no big deal. Addy thought otherwise. She had a five minute meltdown over it actually. Not the kicking, screaming, angry type of melt down. But the complete heart broken, sad, and distraught melt down when she was asked to put those booties over her pretty sparkly shoes. In her saddest voice ever she said, "But Mommy, then nobody will see my pretty sparkly shoes! I want Jesus to see my pretty sparkly shoes!" Thank goodness for those sweet temple workers that day. They came over with a towel, wiped her shoes off and told her that they wanted her to be happy and to go see Jesus and that she could wear her pretty sparkly shoes just how they were.
There is nothing that compares to the feeling of being in the Lord's Temple with your little one beside you. Everything was so beautiful and perfect. The sealing room was the most gorgeous sealing room I have ever seen and Addy was in awe at all of the pretty sparkly chandeliers. I think I half expected to walk into the temple and see a dramatic change in Addy, but she stayed pretty true to herself. She is her own person, but I know she felt the spirit in her own little way that day and I pray the spirit testified to this sweet three year old of mine that this is where she wants to be again someday. In the temple, with her little hand tucked in mine, wearing those pretty sparkly shoes.






0 comments:
Post a Comment