Thursday, August 2, 2012

{Summer Vacation Part 1}

After 21 hours of driving we arrived at our first stop, Nampa, Idaho to visit Grandma & Grandpa and to play with our cousins! Shelley was able to fly into town with her five kiddos and spend the week with us. Stephanie and her family already live in Nampa so of course they were able to join in on the fun too. My brother Joe also joined us for a few days so it really was a house full of fun. Once we arrived we hit the ground running with as many activities as we could cram in.

We went to a place called Jabber's which is kind of like a Children's Museum, but everything is one giant room and the kids can just run around and play while you sit on their comfy couches watching! I so wish we had a place like this in Iowa!






We took a trip to the zoo, but since we have been to the zoo what seems like a million times this year, I opted not to bring my camera. What was I thinking?! Even though my phone doesn't take the greatest pictures I figured it was better than nothing. Addy & Eli don't get to see their Uncle Joe very often so I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to snap a picture of them together. He still has his playful teasing side to him that I grew up with and its fun to watch them. I'm glad he can tease them instead of me now ;)


 Another day we went to Wazooz, a place with go karts, mini golf, bumper boats, and arcade games. The kids had a great time and us parents got to join in on some of the fun as well. Thanks Jason for taking Addy on the bumper boats since her mama is a water wussy and didn't want to get wet ;)



Yeah . . . I guess she's my daughter because this is what she thought about those water spraying bumper boats!


The go karts on the other hand, she loved. She was quite the fun little passenger, screaming, and waving at everyone as we passed.




I just love this family of mine. Whether we are riding go karts, having a picnic, or doing absolutely nothing we are always laughing and having a good time. And this is why we need to live closer! My kids adore their cousins and for the most part they all did well playing together. I'm afraid this long trip of ours will have ruined my kids when we get home and they realize they only have their boring mom to play with. And believe me, I am going to miss the hours of entertainment their cousins provide them with just as much as they do!



One major bonus to Grandma and Grandpa moving to Boise is that they have a neighborhood swimming pool! I would say it was the highlight of the trip for the kids.


Every evening we loaded up the kids into the back of Aunt Shel's Suburban. That's right, all twelve of them. And went for a "crazy" drive. Lot's of sharp turns, swerving, and a whole lot of giggles coming from the back. Don't worry, the pool was located just around the corner from my parents house and no one was "seriously" injured. Although a little someone may have bonked her head into the window when Grandpa, who was supposed to be safely holding her, was caught off guard going around a corner ;) Needless to say, it was a good laugh. I wish I had taken a picture of them all sitting back there, but instead you will just have to imagine it. Twelve happy, silly, care free cousins :)





0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP