Thursday, August 23, 2012

{Making the Rounds}

It's that time of year where we hit up all of our favorite places to go and things to do! The Iowa State Fair is always a must for us and we almost weren't going to be able to squeeze it in to our crazy schedules, but we did it! It was a Saturday and it was the very last day so it was a bit crowded, but we made the most of it. At the start of our day I was regretting my choice to wear pants, a black shirt, and a black shrug, but about an hour into it the skies became overcast and it was cool the rest of the day. Yay for the unheard of cool weather happening around here!


Ryan couldn't pass up getting the smoked Turkey leg even though Nicole educated us on it's unhealthiness. Turns out it is the second most fattening thing you can eat at the fair ringing in and a whopping 1,100 calories! Yep, it's even more calories than the deep fried stick of butter I told you about last year . . . yuck. We decided it wasn't too bad though since 5 or so of us took a couple bites out of it and Eli probably ate a third of it himself. Like father like son :) He is the biggest Daddy's boy ever. Like almost too obsessed with him. It's really cute, but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss my mama's boy :(



As always the kids had the most fun looking at all of the animals. Eli has been very into farm animals lately, especially "shishy's" a.k.a. horsies, but apparently he only likes them in his books and from a far, far away distance. Silly boy.


Another favorite is the farming area where the kids pretend plant, harvest, and sell their goods at the farmer's market. They then get to use their hard earned dollar to buy a treat at the store. Addy chose chocolate milk again and Eli had a twinkie. Yeah, we're really healthy like that . . . yikes.


Every year Ryan buys one of their deep fried "treats" and I always take a small nibble, but this year Nicole and I decided we needed more than just a nibble. After all, we may never get the chance to eat deep fried Oreos again. And if you know me, you know I love me some Oreos!


 We ended our day with slurpies from the gas station. It was Addy and Eli's first one ever and I it's safe to say they approved :) Unhealthy day? Check. Worth it? Check.





















0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP