{Nearest & Dearest}
We come across people every day in our lives, but I feel a select handful of them are sent here to be our nearest and dearest. And whether we are 3 years old, 24 years old, or 92 years old they leave an impact on us. They mold us into who we become. They see us in our best and worst moments. They laugh with us. They cry with us. They share joyful moments with us. They support us. They serve us. They make us a better person because of who they are.
This sweet face . . . this is one of Addy's most nearest and dearest. And her mama, is one of my sweet nearest and dearests.
We med student wives are trapped in a vicious cycle. We leave our families, bawling of course, to haul our little families across the country to a foreign place. If only we knew at that time the friendships awaiting us. If only we knew we would be bawling as every year we watch our nearest and dearests move on to the next phase of life. If only we knew we would be bawling when it came our turn to leave. I wish so badly I could keep all of these families wherever we went.
Addy is going to miss Mckenna like crazy. At age 2 she became her first best friend and have shared many a days playing together since. In an attempt to prepare Addy for what's coming we have been talking about Mckenna moving a lot and her reaction breaks my heart. She cries every time. And then I cry. See what I mean? Vicious cycle.
But at the end of the day I am just grateful to have come across such life impacting people. The friendships we have made here will last forever, that I am sure of.
While Mckenna's Mommy and Daddy took a little trip to check out a possible job opportunity she was able to come spend a day and night with us. It was both girls very first sleep over. Since I knew we wouldn't be having too many more play dates together I had decided I was going to be fun and attempt to let them sleep in the same room. We gave it a go for a couple hours, but around 10:00 p.m. we decided it probably wasn't going to work and had to split them up. Once they went to sleep we moved them back together though and they were so excited to wake up to see each other the next morning.
The next day another one of my nearest and dearests, Nicole, and I decided to be adventurous and explore a new splash pad with all the kids. Unfortunately they didn't enjoy it quite as much as we had hoped, but they still had a good time. Except for Eli, he hated it. Apparently we need to do a few more water activities this summer ;)
These two are in love. True story. Love these babies!
We are so glad we were able to spend some extra time with Mckenna before she moves. We are going to miss them dearly, but know we will stay in touch! Good luck to their family on their new upcoming adventures! Look out people of Oregon, you have a seriously great family coming your way!





1 comments:
Amen Danna, Amen.
Post a Comment