Sunday, May 27, 2012

{The Necessities}

At least three times a day Eli disappears into his room and comes out with these


We like to refer to them as his "necessities." Sometimes he is satisfied if he can only reach a couple of them (they are always in his crib and usually placed out of reach), but other day's he decides he needs all of his necessities and it is quite the sight. I can't help but smile at him as he comes strolling out of his room lugging all of them.

There are two of these items that E likes to think of as "one" item. His binky and his blankie. In his mind he can not and will not have one with out the other. We keep binkies out of reach during the day and he is only able to sleep with them, but I think the little guy stashes them because he always seems to find one if he is desperate. I realize he is now 19 months and really should not have a binky anymore. Part of me never wanted to blog about his binky because I'm somewhat embarrassed about it, but it's who he is. At this stage of his life Eli would not be Eli with out his binky.

 I always swore I would never be that parent who's kid still has a binky at his age. But guess what, I am. And the sad thing is, I'm just as much attached to it as he is. It's the one this in this world that can calm him down immediately in the sweetest way and it's the one thing that keeps him my baby for a little while longer in my world. So for yesterday, today, and for as many days as it takes for him and I to let it go, I will be THAT mom.


After seeing me taking pictures of Eli with his "necessities" Addy decided she had better join in with a few of her "necessities." I was so happy to capture the two of them together in their everyday element, these are some of the sweetest pictures I have of them. 

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP