{Mini Vacation}
Ryan ended up having a few unplanned days off from rotations so we made the best of our time and took a mini family vacation. Destination . . . Omaha, Nebraska!
We attempted to book a fun hotel with a nice swimming pool, but when we arrived they informed us that the pool wasn't working. We knew we were going to have one sad little girl if there wasn't a pool so we booked a different hotel last minute. Unfortunately, it's pool was an ice cube and their hot tub was anything but hot. We tried to make the best of it though and enjoyed "swimming" in the luke warm hot tub.
Our first day there we ventured over to the Children's Museum. I knew our zoo pass would get us a discount, but we were pleasantly surprised when they told us it got us in for free! The museum was incredible.
There was face painting, bubble blowing art, the ball drop, puppet shows, play houses, a pretend grocery store for the kids, and a really fun area for babies. To say the kids had a blast would be a complete understatement. They would have been perfectly happy staying there forever.
The second day we headed to the zoo. We had so much fun at this zoo the last time we were here and it was no disappointment the second time around. We spent the whole day there and were able to see everything we wanted to. The kids were such troopers in spite of the fact that they stayed up way too late and were going on no naps.
Part of the fun of vacations is being able to try new restaurants right? At least that's how Ryan thinks ;) I let him pick where we were going to eat one night and I will admit, when we pulled up to this (see below top left) I was doubting his choice. I immediately saw a vision of us all taking turns bowing to the porcelain goddess the entire night. Somehow he convinced me to give it a try and my, oh my, am I glad we did. It was divine. I must have been Salvadorian in another life time because I could not get enough of their food.
I'm looking forward to many more mini vacations with this cute family of mine!
0 comments:
Post a Comment