{Five Long Months}

The past five months I have watched you grow and change right before my eyes. I've cradled you in my arms and smothered you with kisses a thousand times over.
For the past five months there is someone who has longed to do just that. Day 1 of your life she saw you for the first time on Web cam. Day 32 she saw your dimpley smile. Day 72 she heard you laugh for the first time over the phone. Day 93 she saw pictures of how much you were growing and changing and read all about you on the blog. Day 113 she received a valentine in the mail with your face on it. And then there was day 144. On this day she scooped you up in her arms and held you for the very first time. There are very few things sweeter than watching a grandparent meet their grandchild for the first time.

What a great feeling it was to be together again! I have been anxiously awaiting this day ever since they left and am so happy they were finally able to come visit and hold my babies :)
4 comments:
Such great pictures!!! I am glad they came to visit! I bet they were so sad to leave. Thank goodness for gparents!
Its so great to have them home and they loved their visit with you and your wonderful family. I kept checking your blog to see pictures from the visit and today was the lucky day I got to see them. Thanks. This is Aunt Lori by the way, not Shannon.
So cute. I bet your parents enjoyed every second with their grand babies.
p.s. i love your hair.
So precious. He looks A LOT like you I think. Can't wait to meet him in July and to see all of you. Can't come fast enough. Love you!
Post a Comment