Monday, February 14, 2011

Proclamation of Love

I don’t get many opportunities to confess my love for my Everything. What better day to do so than a day set aside for such things… I truly would be nothing and have nothing without Danna. Many of you know her so well. You know that she gives her heart and soul to whatever she starts. She always gives freely of her time (which is very limited these days!) Whether it is a craft project that someone in the branch wants to learn, an errand for family or friend, or helping me with whatever I think is important at the time, Danna always drops her own interests and does what she can to help. She takes care of our two beautiful children, cleans the house, makes dinner, does grocery shopping, blogging, picture taking, laundry…. Well, the list is endless, really. But these aren’t the reasons I love her, these are just perks. What I love about Danna is who she is. She is usually happy, yet sometimes snappy. She is independent, but still lets me think she needs me. She is a wonderful mother, and also a perfect wife. She is so smart, but not too smart (otherwise, why would she have ended up with me?) She loves to enjoy life. She loves to eat (thank goodness!) She is still oh so innocent. She is crafty, talented, witty, and creative. She is caring, loving, thoughtful, and sensitive. She is a mother, a wife, a best friend, a lover, a fighter, and my best advocate. I often find that school has overwhelmed me, and she is always there to carry me through. In short, Danna is more than I could ever have hoped for. Truly, she is the glue that is keeping our family functional. Of course, most of you already know that Danna is all of these things, and so much more.
A recent favorite love song of Danna's:





Addy and I made some flowers for Danna. I may not be quite as crafty as Danna, but maybe just a little bit has rubbed off. I love you, Danna. Never forget it! Happy V-Day.

6 comments:

C February 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM  

aww sweet!!! You do have ONE AMAZING wife! She is one of the most talented girls I know and it seems like there is nothing she can't do. I am always so impressed by her!

Cassie February 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

the last comment was from me sorry, i was logged into the wrong account.

Nicole February 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

Danna is a great friend and I must agree that she is always willing to sacrifice her time and talents to help her friends and even people she doesn't know. I hope that I can someday be as talented and charitable.

♥Shelley February 15, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

Danna, you have one sweet husband!

JennaDredge February 15, 2011 at 1:05 PM  

I envy your life Danna :) Both of you are very blessed to have each other. Love you lots!!!

Rhonda Montgomery February 22, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

What a wonderful tribute to your wife, from a wonderful husband! Together you make a wonderful family! Happy Valentine's day to you both!

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP