Idaho Fun and the Mini Van
We had only been in Iowa for a week when we headed back to Idaho to visit with family and to take this little beauty off of my parents hands.
That's right, we are the proud new owners of a mini van :) Ryan always said he would NEVER own a mini van. Guess he ate his words this time around huh? As I mentioned before my parents are leaving on a mission. Well, they owned this van and I was telling them that it was a shame to let it sit here for the next year and a half. You should just sell it to us! And...they did! I realize I probably look a little funny driving a van around with only one child, but it is so worth it! No more bending over, shoving our car seat into the back seat of our tiny car. I LOVE my new van :)

The one condition my parents had about us buying the van, was that we had to let them fly us out when my sister Shelley was coming to visit, and then we would drive the van back. How could you pass that up? A new van and a trip home! I was dying to see my sister because it had been a year and she had never seen Addy before. I was a little nervous about flying with Adalee, but she was a champ! Hardly made a peep.

We had a nice relaxing, fun filled, week and a half in Idaho. The highlights of the trip were jet skiing, having a girls night out with my mom and sisters at the movies (we watched My Sisters Keeper, talk about tear jerker!), making watches with my sisters, and going to West Yellowstone.






In West Yellowstone we went to the Playmill and watched The Secret Garden. It was sooo good. Ryan and I love plays and the playmill is great because it is small so you feel like you are in it. We spent the night at a hotel that night and then went back to Shelley in the morning. Everyone except for my mom and us stayed and went through the park, but since we would be driving all day the next day we figured we shouldn't make Addy sit in the car all day for two days.
It was good to be with all of my family one last time before my parents leave. I wasn't looking forward to saying good bye to my parents, but I didn't cry too much. It probably had something to do with the fact that it was 4:15 in the morning! I will miss them so much, but I know they are doing the right thing and I am excited for them and the experiences ahead of them.
1 comments:
I thought it was funny seeing you have a mini-van, but it's great! and you'll be having more kids! :)
I'm excited for your parents - glad you had a good time going home for a bit.
Loves
~S
Post a Comment