Visiting the Hammers
This past weekend we made the drive out to Boise to visit my sister and her family one last time before we head out. The 5 hour drive made me super excited for our REALLY LONG drive ahead...ugh! My parents met us there and also my brother Devin and his wife Allie. The guys played lots of cards and us girls did what we do best...shop and chit chat :) Her kids loved on little Addy all weekend long. Every few minutes we heard, "Can I hold Addy? It's my turn!" I think she liked all of the attention.
We stayed up way too late and ate way too much. My sister has become the coupon queen and her pantry is booming with all kinds of yummy treats that she pretty much gets for free. She is AMAZING. I had a huge let down when we came home Sunday night and I realized we had nothing to eat compared to the "all you can eat buffet" we had just come from. I've got to live closer to her so she can help me become a couponer!
There was never a dull moment at the Hammer house with my sisters kids. Her little boy Ethan says the funniest things that always leave us laughing. For instance, he was telling us how the Hammers are going to Nauvoo. Ryan then proceeded to tell Ethan that we were nails, but we didn't really think he was paying attention. A few moments later Ethan said, "You guys can't come to Nauvoo because only Hammers can come." Ryan then said, "And what are we?" With not a moment of hesitation Ethan replied..."Nails!" We all got a good laugh about that one:) What a cutie.
Saturday we decided to go miniature golfing and I am happy to say that me and my little papoose tied for second place! I thought I did pretty good considering I had a 5 month old baby strapped to me :) Adalee loves being in that sling. She screams when I take her out! 

We had a good time together and it was so good to be with family. I hope someday we can all live a little closer because I love them all so much!
4 comments:
I'm feeling a little left out : (
Oh...I wish I knew you guys were coming, we would have dropped in to say hi!!
We don't get out to see the Hammer's as much as we should!! We aren't real great on the friend front!!
It looks like everything is going good with everyone!! Good luck in your "new adventure"
Tia
Danna!! You guys went to Wahooz, I live like 30 seconds away in Bear Creek!Give me a shout next time u drop by! (:
Sounds fun. I am still so sad I won't get to hold your sweet baby girl for a while! She's getting so big. I think I heard you guys were driving out tomorrow?? Drive safe. Can't wait to hear about all of your midwest adventures.
P.S. So jealous your parents get to spend 2 years in Manchester, England...can they pack me too?
Post a Comment